Apple Watch offers a number of watch faces for users to choose from, but if you want to personalize your wrist, you can set your own photos instead. In addition, it can be a new image every time you use it.
While Apple is constantly introducing new designs to its face gallery from time to time, you can customize your own background with your favorite photos or portraits, add various complications like the date or your schedule, and give some personal flair to your wrist. Here’s how to change the background image on your Apple Watch.
Change the wallpaper on your Apple Watch
To change the background of your Apple Watch to the photo of your choice, all you need to do is go to your iPhone’s Watch app and add a watch face. You can add multiple watch faces to your Apple Watch and simply swipe left or right on the screen to switch faces. You can also just create and delete a watch face on the Apple Watch, but it’s easier to do this in the iPhone’s Watch app.
Below are steps to change the wallpaper on your Apple Watch using your own photos through the Watch app on your iPhone.
- On your iPhone, open the Watch app.
- Navigate to the “Face Gallery” at the bottom of the app.
- Scroll until you find ‘Photos’. Tap it.
- Under ‘Content’, choose where the photos come from. You can choose “Album”, which displays photos from albums created or photos from your “Favorites” folder, “Photos”, which allows you to choose up to 24 selected photos, or “Dynamic”, which displays photos from your recent memories.
- Select the photo(s) you want on your screen and then tap ‘Add’.
- If necessary, you can change the “Complications” to display different statistics.
- When you’re done, tap Add at the top under Photos to set up the watch face on your Apple Watch display.
There you have it. If you’ve added multiple photos, a new photo will appear every time you raise your wrist or tap the screen. With the Portrait watch face, you can use a similar method to add your favorite portraits cropped to focus on the people in them while adding time in the background. Mix and match to find what suits you best.
For more Apple Watch tips and tricks, learn how to use your Apple Watch as a flashlight, use hand gestures on Apple Watch, and unlock your iPhone with Apple Watch.