“Updating apps” is a popular search that gets a lot of attention on Google Search. So if you’ve been wondering how to upgrade your favorite apps, know that you’re not alone in seeking advice on how to do it.
Fortunately, you have come to the right place. We’ve got a simple, step-by-step guide to updating your apps in a jiffy. It’s important to keep your apps up to date. This ensures that your apps run on the best version, which often includes fixes for bugs, security flaws, and more.
Updating apps on an Android phone
1. Tap the Google Play Store app.
2. Click on your profile icon in the top right corner.
3. Tap Manage apps and device.
4. Navigate to the To manage tab.
5. Tap Updates available, which shows you the apps that need to be updated. In the example below, three apps need updates: Slack, Samsung Health, and Facebook View.
6. Select all the apps you want to update and tap the update icon (the check mark in a circle).
7. Once the updates are completed successfully, the apps will disappear from the Upgrades available tab.
Please note that for this tutorial we have used the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra as an example. Although it runs on Android, other smartphone OEMs can run different variants of the operating system. However, the steps should be similar for most phones, so you should still be able to follow no matter what device you have.